Vegan Herbed Parmesan Cheese: Simple, Delicious, and Dairy Free!
Welcome back to the blog, loves! Last week I dabbled in some “cheesy” zucchini baking and I fell upon the most delectable and satisfying vegan parmesan cheese ever. Typically I would keep my recipe normal: add in the nuts/seeds, the noooch, sea salt, pepper, and garlic. Sure, that’s good and all…but where is the FUN?!
Well, I found it. It turns out it was in my herb garden!!
My beautiful herbs turned a simple vegan parmesan cheese recipe into a MUST TRY vegan herbed parmesan recipe. A little bit of thyme, a bit of basil, some oregano, and maybe even some parsley (if you wish!)? Toss all into a food processor (or blender) and blend until broken down into a fine meal. Voila, You now have a jar full of amazing homemade vegan parmesan that you can keep in your refrigerator for whenever you need to satisfy that cheese craving!
This delicious vegan herbed parmesan cheese will come together in under 5 minutes with minimal ingredients that you already likely have stocked up in your kitchen or can find in your garden!
What can I use this for?
Anything that needs a cheesy kick!
What you will need for this Vegan Herbed Parmesan Cheese recipe…
Great Addition: Fresh/Frozen chopped parsley!
Vegan Herbed Parmesan Cheese
- Food Processor
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh or frozen, chopped small
- Add all of the ingredients (including the parsley if using) into a food procesoor and process until broken down into a fine meal. Voila, you have a vegan herbed parmesan cheese!
- Taste test and adjust as needed. You may require a bit more sea salt or nutritional yeast depending on your taste bud's needs. 🙂
- Sunflower seeds are rich in the B complex vitamins, which are essential for a healthy nervous system! They are also a good source of phosphorus, magnesium, iron, calcium, potassium, protein and vitamin E.
- This herb is full of vitamin C and also has vitamin A! Great for when you aren’t feeling well and need to get back on track.
- Oregano is a power house herb. It is an excellent source of fiber, vitamin K, manganese, iron, vitamin E, tryptophan and calcium. Oregano is highly regarded for it’s anti-bacterial properties and is loaded with antioxidants!
Find more healthy vegan recipes like this Herbed Parmesan Cheese when you join The WonderMamas Meal Plan Membership!
Our Whole Food Plant Based Meal Plans have been created for families that are looking to stop stressing in the kitchen and get healthy the easy way! Our recipes are always kid-approved and you will be able to explore hundreds of recipes instantly when you sign up and be able to get prepping right away.
Find more smoothie recipes below: