Vegan Chicken-less Noodle Soup in 30 minutes!
Welcome back to the blog, loves! I am so excited to share my absolute favorite soup of all time with our community. This soup comes together in just about 30 minutes and can even be frozen for batch cooking. The key to this soup is to split the broth base (vegetables and beans) and the pasta noodles. I like to keep them seperate to avoid a slimy noodle that comes from just tossing them all in together. As always, we love to batch cook, so separation is key! If you will having the entire pot of soup for dinner, then you can just toss all together, no problem.
Vegan Chicken-less Noodle Soup : For the flu or for any ol’ day! It’s my absolute favorite. My Dad loves it too!
Benefits of Garlic and Vegetable Broth
- Garlic contains compounds that help the immune system fight germs; These compounds have been shown to boost the disease-fighting response of some types of white blood cells in the body when they encounter viruses, such as the viruses that cause the common cold or flu.
- Studies have shown that garlic reduces the risk of becoming sick in the first place, as well as how long you stay sick. It can also reduce the severity of symptoms.
- During cold and flu season, it is advised to have one clove, three times per day.
- Broth helps prevent dehydration.
- The warm elements can help soothe a sore throat and relieve congestion.
- The vegetable broth below is full of whole vegetables, mashed beans and more. This is highly nutritious and a great way to think bigger and better for your future homemade broth recipes!
Vegan Chicken-less Noodle Soup
- 1 large shallot diced small
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup carrots finely diced
- 1 cup celery finely diced
- 1 cup button mushrooms finely diced
- 2 cans cannellini beans mashed
- 10 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 green onion diced thin
- 2 cups fusili pasta cooked seperatly
- In a large stock pot, add the diced shallot and minced garlic with 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. Sauté for 4-5 minutes, until soft, and then toss in the turmeric powder and stir well. If you are using vegetable broth bouillons, toss those in now as well. Feel free to add in any other spices at this moment (I simply use turmeric and vegetable broth).
- Mix the spices until fragrant and then add in the celery, carrots, mushrooms, cannellini beans and vegetable broth. Stir and then bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- When the broth is at the 20 minute mark, cook the fusili pasta for the package stated time (should be around 10-11 minutes).
- Add a big scoop of fusili pasta to each serving bowl and then cover in the vegetable and cannellini bean broth mixture. Add diced green onions on top. Enjoy!