Easter Inspired Vegan Carrot Cake Bites
These Vegan Carrot Cake Bites are just what you need this upcoming Easter and Easter week!
As many of you know, I LOVE dessert but I’m not much for spending hours in the kitchen baking up anything that I can potentially make in 5 minutes. I have actually found a way to turn nearly every cake I love into energy bites and I am thrilled about it!
Not only will these Carrot Cake Bites work as dessert, but they can also work for Easter week snacks! I even hide these in the backyard (wrapped up in little Vonuva Plant-Based Wax Wraps) for the boys to find instead of eggs haha. They LOVE it! You can even add vegan chocolate chips and I really do recommend doing that for a fun twist.
Anywho, Have a Very Happy Easter!
These delicious Vegan Carrot Cake Bites will come together in under 10 minutes with minimal ingredients that you already likely have stocked up in your kitchen (if you don’t have these stocked yet, I highly urge you to do so for all of the energy ball recipes to come!).
What you will need for this Carrot Cake Recipe…
Vegan Carrot Cake Recipe
- Food Processor
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar Can substitue for extra coconut shreds OR easter sprinkles!
- To start, add in the medjool dates and pulse 4-5 times until broken down into small pieces.
- Next, add in the Pecans, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Sea salt, Vanilla Extract, and Coconut shreds. Pulse until broken down into a semi-fine meal.
- Add in the carrots and process until well combined (I would say 2-3 pulses).
- Begin to scoop out 1-2 tbsp amount from the mixture and roll into balls. They will be sticky! Lay on a plate lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Roll each ball in the powdered sugar and set in the refrigerator to set. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Carrots are a particularly good source of beta carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium, and antioxidants!
- They’re a weight-loss-friendly food and have been linked to lower cholesterol levels.
- Orange carrots get their bright color from beta carotene, an antioxidant that your body converts into vitamin A.
- Excellent nutritional profile including 2 grams of protein, 7 grams of fiber, and a great source of potassium, magnesium, copper, manganese, iron and vitamin B6!
- Loaded with dietary fiber to keep you full and satisfied
- Loaded with antioxidants that protect your cells from free radicals, which are unstable molecules that may cause harmful reactions in your body and lead to disease.
- A low glycemic index which is great for blood sugar control
- Medjool dates have been proven to give you an immediate boost of energy (I use it for my pre-workouts!)
- Plus many other benefits!
Find more healthy vegan recipes like these Carrot Cake Bites when you join The WonderMamas Meal Plan Membership!
Our Whole Food Plant-Based Meal Plans have been created for families that are looking to stop stressing in the kitchen and get healthy the easy way! Our recipes are always kid-approved and you will be able to explore hundreds of recipes instantly when you sign up and be able to get prepping right away.
Find more dessert recipes below: