This is it. The online marketplace that we have all been waiting for. A marketplace that not only takes sustainability and eco-friendliness into consideration when working with brands but a marketplace that has a strict screening and selection process to ensure that their customers are choosing the best of the best. I would like to formally introduce you all to EarthHero: The Eco-Friendly Online Marketplace for conscious consumers.
I am truly honored to share this company, EarthHero, with our WonderMamas community. We have worked tirelessly to share with our followers the best of the best and it feels so good to share this eco-friendly online marketplace with you all. Just think….from now on, instead of searching for hours on end for trusted sellers, you can now head to this one site, search as if you were on a popular online marketplace (named after a prominent rainforest, perhaps?) and shop without second-guessing! Goodness gracious, it’s about time! Am I right?!
So let’s dive right in, shall we?
I am going to chat all about this company, how they choose the brands, their mission, their high standards, a few of my favorite products, and more. I urge you (begging on my knees over here) to share this online marketplace with everyone you know. People do not know that a sustainable marketplace exists and it’s not something that everyone really thinks about until we tell them! Let’s make sustainable living the new normal. Together, we can truly make a difference. Just by sharing this company, either in conversation or online, we can help to light the way for an eco-friendly future.
So, without further babbling, let’s learn all about EarthHero, The Eco-friendly Online Marketplace!
(P.s. before you jump the gun and start shopping away, we have a discount code AND a big sale announcement for you at the end of this blog post!)
If you have been on the sustainable shopping journey for a while, you may be a vision and mission statement junkie like myself. If not, then I highly recommend that you check your future sellers for their mission statements before purchasing. You can learn A LOT from a companies mission statement, let me tell you!
EarthHero’s mission statement made me break out into a big smile.
The words sat well with my heart, my lifestyle, and my optimistic view of the future.
To start, EarthHero‘s vision is to make sustainable and eco-friendly shopping the new normal. They have successfully laid out the groundwork for this “new normal” by choosing trusted, high-quality brands and goods that create an authentic positive impact. (We will chat about their screening and selection process a little bit later in the blog post).
The mission statement pairs beautifully with their vision: to empower their customers to take action by simply shopping through their online marketplace. “We make it simple for you to buy high quality, reliable products that are produced using sustainable methods and materials. We’re giving you easy access to suppliers, manufacturers, and entrepreneurs who are committed to creating the products you want in a way that respects the Earth. We believe there shouldn’t be a conflict between environmentally sustainable and high quality. The products you find on EarthHero are both.”
I cannot agree with this simple and genius mission statement enough; our society relies heavily on ease of shopping and EarthHero takes all of the hard work out of sustainable shopping and makes it easy.
Intrigued?! I sure hope so. Let’s find out more!
EarthHero is 100% dedicated to a sustainable, responsible, and eco-friendly future. They host well over 150+ trusted brands but they are also a trusted brand in an of themselves! Here are just a few highlights of this amazing online marketplace:
- B Corp Certified: Businesses who have been awarded this prestigious certification have met the highest standards of environment and social performance, transparency, and legal accountability. Each B Corp certified company has been evaluated and scored on how it impacts the environment, community, workers, and customers. The scores are made public and each company strives to improve its score each and every day! These companies are redefining what “success” means in the business world.
- 1% For The Planet: 1% of all sales (annually) are donated to sustainable initiatives and organizations that give back to the planet.
- Carbon Free Partner: EarthHero knows that shipping is not the most eco-friendly thing to do and so they partnered with CarbonFund.org to ensure that your products arrive with the least amount of impact possible. There’s even a very cool Carbon Calculator that they use to offset the carbon emitted through the shipping and transportation of the goods.
- Zero Waste Initiatives In and Out of the Office: These folks are serious about protecting our planet and I love it. From the reusable water bottles and 100% recycled paper in the office to reused shipping boxes and plastic-free shipping tape outside of the office…they are next level inspirational. You can absolutely trust in their company and the workers who make it tick.
- Plus so much more!
The brands that EarthHero works with are some of my all-time favorite brands in the World. One thing that I love about this marketplace is that they have an entire page dedicated to educating their customers on each and every brand (check out the list of brands here).
Each and every story is inspiring, and if you are anything like me, you may spend a solid 5-6 hours clicking through each and every story and feeling so unbelievably uplifted by all the good that is being done in the world.
As I said before, EarthHero is all about transparency (Hello, B Corporation Certified!) and they have found an easy way to educate their customers with simple sustainable logos.
These logos let you know exactly what kind of impact the company has on the environment (ink, packaging, GMO-free, sulfate-free, compostable, etc), the organic content (USDA certified organic, GOTS certified, etc), the recycled content (recycled glass, recycled nylon, Econyl, etc), if it is made of a renewable resource (cork, bamboo, Lenzing Tencel, etc), the responsibility logo for the specific brand (cruelty-free, fair trade certified, plants a tree, etc), and the upcycled content.
Each one of these logos is easy to understand and the sustainable logos page has the further reading attached to each specific logo.
The EarthHero Online Marketplace has the following categories: Zero Waste (my favorite), clothing and accessories (my second favorite), Baby + Kids, Travel, Home, Outdoors, Audio + Tech, Pets, Beauty + care, and Gifts. Phew, that is a lot of categories!
These all line up right at the top of the website for easy access and when you hover over the selection, you will see a ton of options that relate to that category. EarthHero has a helpful “featured brand” section that I really like and have discovered some amazing new brands from this helpful side category.
I’m not going to lie, I felt so good scrolling through this website because so many of the brands that I have shared with you all over the years have a little home in this marketplace. Just knowing that our favorite brands are supporting and being supported by this wonderful platform makes me all giddy!
What if you cannot find what you are looking for?
Pretty much, if you want something, they will most likely have it in some sustainable and eco-friendly way. If they do not have a product that you are looking for, help a brother (or sister) out and shoot them an e-mail with your request. Companies like this (You know…ones who care) are always looking for ways to do better!
Do they ship internationally?
Not yet, but that is coming soon! Woop Woop!
Do you have an awesome discount code for us?!
You bet I do! Use code “wondermamas” at checkout for 10% off your purchase!
Before we go into my favorite items from the EarthHero Online Marketplace, I want to suggest that you bookmark or favorite this website for the future. So many times we revert back to old ways and our fingers begin typing in “A….M….A….Z….”, you get the picture haha. I want to urge you to keep this website at the forefront of your mind when it comes to making purchases. Rewire the brain for sustainability!
Here is a fun list of my favorite items on the website:
- Global Healing Collective + Wild Foundation Gift Box: This amazing zero waste box is full of goodies to start you on your journey and 10% of the profits go directly to the Wild Foundation! This box includes 100% recycled produce bags, a stasher sandwich bag, an EarthHero Bamboo Utensil Kit, Stainless Steel Straw and Brush, and an adult bamboo toothbrush.
- The Kid Kanteen 12oz Water Bottles: Just perfect for kids and so easy for parents to clean!
- Kid’s Ziptuck Reusable Snack bags: Again, just so easy to use and perfect for kiddos (and big kiddos).
- 3-in-1 Splash Stainless Steel Lunchbox: Ummm…if you do not know about these magical boxes then you are welcome! Perfect for any human being because we are all a hot mess when it comes to food.
- The Cora Ball: Catch those nasty plastic microfibers that fall off your clothes in the wash with this magical ball. It can’t catch them all (pesky rascals) but it does help a lot!
- 5 Piece Straw and Brush Set: Hands down the best reusable straws ever!
- Compostable Phone Case by Pela Case: Protect your phone from scratches, shocks, and falls while also protecting the planet!
- The Full Elate Makeup Line: Now you all know that I hardly ever wear make-up, but I do love this line. It feels very light, the packaging is zero waste, and it’s a company that you can really stand behind and be proud to wear.
- Ida Vegan Soy Candle + Planter: Talk about a cool gift. If someone was to gift me something sweet, it would be something like this. A soy candle (that smells amazing and is free of additives, colorants, phthalates, and toxins) and it turns into a planter once all used up?! It also comes with wildflower seeds to plant + growing instructions. Genius. Practical. Danielle Approved. This is the photo above :).
So, first off, save the code “wondermamas” to save 10% off future qualifying purchases.
In honor of Earth Day, EarthHero will be hosting a SITEWIDE 15% off sale between April 20thto April 27thwith code “EARTHWEEK”. So, for this week, skip the “wondermamas” code and just use the “Earthweek” code to get that extra discount!
On top of the 15% off site-wide sale, EarthHero has also teamed up with an amazing non-profit called the Food Recovery Network. For every order placed during this promotion, EarthHero will donate 1 meal to the Food Recovery Network, aiding in its mission of reducing food waste and fighting hunger. You can read more about this here!
Thank you all for checking out this wonderful company and for supporting us in our mission to share and inspire all of the sustainable goodness of the world!
That’s all for today, Mamas! I hope this blog post helped and please feel free to leave a comment about your own journey or to ask any questions! Heads up, we did use a few affiliate links and will receive a small commission if you purchase through them. As always, we truly stand behind the products we link. Thanks for stopping by!