Whoa now hey now….what makes you think I have this mom thing and/or life thing figured out?? 🤣😅
Sometimes I receive messages from moms or teens from around the world that just lights up my soul. They are full of thank you’s and stories of how our family inspired them to produce less waste, shop sustainably or even give some plant-based recipes a try.
While these messages make me swoon over my followers and motivate me to carry on, I am also met with so many “perfect” comments that I just must address today.
“How do you make it look so easy!?” Or “How are you not losing your mind with two toddlers?” and even “Sometimes I feel so useless when I see women like you pulling it all off”. Ah. Ahhhh. My heart. I have failed you.
Let’s bust this Perfect Motherhood Myth once and for all!
So….I have a new promise.
Not one of sustainability, zero waste or veganism…..this new promise is about checking in with reality.
Each week I am going to share 10 truths with you from my week: I hope this not only gives you a deeper insight into my reality, but also the realization that social media 100% NOT the full picture.
😍Here we goooooo!
1. I haven’t had a proper shower for longer than 4 minutes in over 10 days. Send help.
2. I gave my children 4 popsicles today to shut them up for just a few minutes so I could think straight.
3. Martin and I do not sleep in the same bed in the summer. I need a fan when I sleep and he gets sick instantly. Sorry, bro.
4. I keep vegan pizzas in my freezer for mom emergency situations and somehow that emergency situation happens every single week 😅
5. As soon as the boys turned 2, my sex drive went from 60 to 0 overnight.
6. Sometimes, when the boys are being so insane and I have lost all hope of my parenting skills, I make them sit next to me while I read parenting books until we figure it out 🤣🤣🤣🤣.
7. Mom Facebook groups scare me.
8. I haven’t worked out in 3 weeks and I don’t feel bad at all.
9. I just found out that I over water my plants. 😭😭
10. Yesterday I ran out of clean cloth diapers so the boys went naked for 6 hours until they dried in the sun. 😆
So there you have it! Thursday Truths.