One Tray Healthy Vegan Tacos
Looking for a super simple yet delicious lunch and/or dinner recipe that comes together in under 20 minutes?! Then look no further! These one tray healthy vegan tacos are always a hit in our vegan kitchen. The kids love them with lots of avocado and corn, and Martin loves them all of the fixings: guacamole, salsa, and jalapeños!
As for me, I love these tacos exactly as written with a good handful of chopped cilantro from the garden. Is there anything better than adding fresh herbs from your very own garden? I promise…it makes every meal just a bit more special.
What you will need for these One Tray Healthy Vegan Tacos…
Kidney Beans or Black Beans
One Tray Healthy Vegan Tacos
- 1-2 cans kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 2 large onions roughly chopped in chunks
- 2-3 zucchinis chopped
- 15 button mushrooms chopped
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced thin
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Big Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 6-8 Tortillas
- 1 small can corn drained and rinsed
- 1 small head lettuce shredded
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup Salsa mild, medium or spicy!
- 2 limes to serve
- 1 handful cilantro chopped, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prep the beans and veggies. Mix together the seasoning blend.
- Rub the seasoning blend into the beans and the veggies that are on the tray bake list. I like to keep them separated but feel free to just toss all together – whatever works for you. Lay out onto the baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. This is an oil free recipe, but feel free to add oil as you wish.
- Drain and rinse the corn. Place in a small baking dish and add a sprinkle of sea salt and pepper over and mix. Pop into the oven 10 minutes before the bean/veggie mixture is ready to go. I like my corn a bit charred but you can remove after just 5 minutes to slightly heat.
- Prep any extras or options as needed. Once the tray bake is ready, let cool for a few minutes and load up on to tortillas: shredded lettuce, tray bake mixture, salsa, avocado, lime and cilantro. Enjoy!
Looking to lower your waste while cooking?
- The parchment paper by “If You Care” is unbleached, chlorine free, and compostable. I have used this up to the highest oven setting without any issues! Paper, in it’s natural state is beige or light brown. For years people have subjected it to a bleaching process to create the white sheets we all know and love. Unfortunately, cleaning the paper is having the opposite effect on the environment. The most common bleaching agent – chlorine dioxide (ClO2) – occurs naturally as a component of salt, but once it separates from it’s natural pair it begins to cause problems. The paper bleaching process deposits chlorine in the lakes and streams where mills are most commonly located, and once there it bonds with organic matter in the form of dioxins. Dioxins are a group of highly toxic chemicals that are thought to pose negative effects on reproductive and immune system development, as well as cause several kinds of cancers. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, there is no safe level of dioxin exposure.
- Reusable. Compostable. Cruelty-Free! Each wrap is made of unbleached certified organic cotton cloth infused with all-natural candelilla wax, pine resin, a pinch of soy wax and organic coconut oil.
- Plastic Free. Sustainable. Non-toxic. The bamboo lids are strong, durable and beautiful. They’re plastic free, BPA free, phthalate free, biodegradable and recyclable! They also double as portable cutting boards!
Find more healthy vegan recipes like these One Tray Healthy Vegan Tacos when you join The WonderMamas Meal Plan Membership!
Our Whole Food Plant Based Meal Plans have been created for families that are looking to stop stressing in the kitchen and get healthy the easy way! Our recipes are always kid-approved and you will be able to explore hundreds of recipes instantly when you sign up and be able to get prepping right away.