Throwback Time! I was going through our hard drive today while the boys took a nap and I came across one of the very first videos we ever created for WonderMamas! This was back when WonderMamas was more of a fitness page vs nutrition page; I was torn between my two loves of working out and cooking and could not decide which one to pursue!
Luckily, as always (haha), food won the battle and now here we are! 2 years later and I could not be happier with my decision. Fitness is fabulous but cooking will always be my number one lady:).
This chickpea scramble is probably one of the easiest and yet most underappreciated recipes out there in the vegan world.
You will hardly hear anyone talk about it and it is such a shame! Once the onions and garlic are sauteed, the scrambled comes together in under a minute. Talk about a perfect breakfast!
The taste is quite yummy; the scramble really takes on the flavors of the vegetable broth, paprika, chili powder, and turmeric very well. You can play around with any spices you like – maybe even try some nutritional yeast?! Ooooh, I think we will try that next!
I do hope you enjoy this amazingly simple recipe!
Watch The How To Video Here:
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup dried chickpeas/garbanzo beans blended down into flour
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Pinch of Sea salt and pepper
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 pieces of bread toasted
- Extra veggies
- Start by blending the dry beans into flour in a high speed blender.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and add in ¼ cup water and the diced onion and minced garlic. Saute for 4-5 minutes until soft and then add the veggie broth. Once the broth begins to bubble, pour in the chickpea flour and mix very well. Add the spices and, if needed, a splash of water if there are still dry spots.
- Allow the scramble to brown a bit before removing from heat. Add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve with toast, avocado slices and any other veggies you would like!
**This post may contain affiliate links to the products listed. As always, we only recommend products that we trust and use in our own home. Sending you lots of love, Mamas!**