Fully Loaded Vegan Black Bean Burger Recipe
Sometimes you just need a good old fashion veggie burger!
This fully loaded vegan black bean burger recipe hits the spot every time.
I love serving these black bean burgers with a side of oven-baked potatoes or our favorite quinoa salad!
This recipe has quickly become a family favorite, and if you are anything like us, you’ve tried your fair share of vegan burgers.
Our vegan black bean burger recipe knocks it out of the park, and the kids absolutely love it too.
We also love to experiment with toppings such as sauteed mushrooms, vegan cheeses, and it tastes lovely with a dollop of my famous green goddess dressing.
This fully loaded vegan black burger recipe is perfect for making in large batches and can be kept stocked up in your freezer for your family to enjoy for lunch and dinner!
What you will need for this vegan black bean burger recipe…
Pepita seeds or sunflower seeds
Fully Loaded Black Bean Burger Recipe
- Food Processor
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 1 can Black beans rinsed and drained
- ½ Onion chopped
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 Flax egg 1 tbsp flaxseed + 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Pepita seeds or sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup Canned corn
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ¼ cup Fresh parsley minced
- Start by mixing together the flaxseed and water in a smallbowl. Whisk and set aside to combine. Sauté the onion andgarlic in ¼ cup water in a skillet until soft (about 5 minutes).Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Add rolled oats to a food processor and process until a flouris formed. Rinse and drain your black beans and add ½ tothe food processor with the onions and garlic, flax egg, soysauce, tomato paste, pepita seeds, corn, chili powder,paprika, and parsley. Process until well mixed and then tossin the remaining beans and pulse 3-4 times.
- Keep the mixture in the food processor bowl and simply setin the refrigerator for 45 minutes until a bit firm. From here,shape the mixture into patties and either bake at 350F/175Cfor 25 minutes to simply heat on a skillet.
- Serve with a toasted bun, veggies and whatever else youlove with your burgers!
- Black beans are one of our favorite whole-food plant-based protein sources. They taste amazing and can adapt to many different recipes. One cup of black beans estimates around 15 grams of protein. Black beans are also rich in fiber and folate. Enjoy in abundance!
- These seeds are full of nutrient value! We love to top them with all our salads and they taste great in a vegan black bean burger recipe like this one. They are high in iron, zinc magnesium and help prevent inflammation in the body.
- Flaxseed is an excellent source of omega-3! A simple quick flax egg recipe is 1 tbsp flaxseed meal and 2 1/2 tbsp of water. Whisk and set aside for 5 minutes till thick. This will make one flax egg. Find my favorite flax meal here.
Ways to garnish your burger…
- Try out different bun styles: Mushroom caps, lettuce, collards or eggplant!
- Top with: Tomato, avocado, sprouts, grilled Onions, mushrooms, banana Peppers or pickles!
- Get fancy: Vegan cheese, spreads/sauces, sauerkraut, kimchi or chili Sauce
- Kid’s favorite: KETCHUP!
Find more healthy vegan recipes like this Fully Loaded Vegan Black Bean Burger Recipe when you join The WonderMamas Meal Plan Membership!
Our Whole Food Plant Based Meal Plans have been created for families that are looking to stop stressing in the kitchen and get healthy the easy way! Our recipes are always kid-approved and you will be able to explore hundreds of recipes instantly when you sign up and be able to get prepping right away.
Find more healthy vegan family-style recipes below: