Nothing like stealing some raspberries off of Mommy’s epic vegan raspberry morning smoothie!
Turn a “regular smoothie” into an “epic smoothie”
A regular smoothie will never fill me up the way a cooked breakfast will, but there is a trick to turn a “regular smoothie” into an “epic smoothie”.
It’s all about the add-ins. When I know that the smoothie is my main source of energy for the morning, I load that beauty up with pretty much all the goodies that I can think of.
Here are a few examples that you can use:
- Almond butter (about 1 tbsp)
- Hemp seeds/chia seeds/flax meal (anywhere between 1 tsp to 1 tbsp)
- Spirulina / Moringa / Ginger
- Various lovely greens like cucumbers, kale, spinach, romaine lettuce, etc.
Vegan Raspberry Morning Smoothie
- High Speed Blender
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup spring water
- 1 ripe banana
- A large handful of pineapple chunks
- 1 heaping cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp each chia seeds hemp seeds, and flax meal
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Hemp Seeds
- Extra Berries
- Cacao Nibs
- Coconut Shreds
- Add to a high speed blender and blend until smooth! This will have an ice cream consistency. Pour into serving bowls and top with extra berries, coconut shreds or even cacao nibs.