Super Simple Vegan Breakfast Squares!
Are you ready to try one of the boys favourite breakfast recipes?! These super simple vegan breakfast bars have been a hit for quite some time and I am so thrilled to finally have taken some photos to share this recipe!
The boys call this recipe “chocolate cake” and request it almost every single morning (and night haha). It comes together extremely quickly and takes just a few pantry staples. Enjoy!
These delicious vegan breakfast bars will come together in under 20 minutes with minimal ingredients that you already likely have stocked up in your kitchen.
Alessandro is posing with a freshly baked batch of his favourite bars! I like to add a small handful of vegan chocolate chips and crushed walnuts to these. I have also played around with nut/seed butter, pecans, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, hemp hearts, and fruit! They ALL worked.
I would love to know how these breakfast bars turned out for you and your own family! Feel free to share this Pinterest pin or blog post with any of your friends and family who you think would love to try them out 🙂
Feel free to tag us on Instagram via #veganwondermamas or even join our facebook page here and share your photos with the community!
What you will need for these Super Simple Vegan Breakfast Squares…
Apple cider vinegar
Super Simple Vegan Breakfast Squares
- 1 banana mashed
- 1.5 cups non-dairy milk
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1.5 cups flour
- .5 cups apple sauce
- 3-5 tbsp maple syrup Can substitute for brown sugar or any sugar of choice.
- 1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp flax seed meal + 2.5 tbsp water (optional but I love the nutritonal value of flaxmeal)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Pinch Sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp chocolate chips or nuts/seeds
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper OR prep a large sized rectangular baking dish (15x10). You an also opt to use two smaller sized baking dishes. Just be sure to prep whatever you choose to use so the bars do not stick.
- Grab a mixing bowl and begin to mash the banana until smooth. Stir in the non-dairy milk, apple sauce, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, including the chocolate or nuts/seeds and mix well. Pour into the baking dish or right onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and even out with a spatula.
- Bake between 12-16 minutes. To check when the squares are done, simply insert a toothpick or sharp knife and remove. If it is clean with just a hint of moisture, then you are good to go. If the squares are not yet finised at the 16 minute mark, bring the heat up to 400F/200C for just a couple of minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. I love to serve these with a drizzle of maple syrup, sliced berries, sliced bananas, crushed nuts, or even coconut shavings.
- Balanced nutritional profile with plenty of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants including manganese, phosphorous, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc.
- Great source of carbs, protein and fiber to keep your body energized and satisfied.
- Known to reduce blood pressure with the help of the antioxidant Avenanthramides.
- Flaxseed is an excellent source of omega-3! We love to include in baking, smoothies and oatmeal recipes. 1 tablespoon of flaxseed will give you a healthy dose of 1.3 grams of protein, fiber, B vitamins and, of course, omega-3 fatty acids!
Find more healthy vegan recipes like these Super Simple Vegan Breakfast Bars when you join The WonderMamas Meal Plan Membership!
Our Whole Food Plant Based Meal Plans have been created for families that are looking to stop stressing in the kitchen and get healthy the easy way! Our recipes are always kid-approved and you will be able to explore hundreds of recipes instantly when you sign up and be able to get prepping right away.
Find more breakfast recipes below: