My journey to a sustainable and ethical closet has been nothing short of extraordinary. A few of the things I have learned so far?
- I had absolutely no idea how to properly wash clothes before switching to quality fabrics and fibers.
- We never once questioned where our clothing came from until we made the switch. Now, it’s the very first question we ask!
- The rights of women and children are so tangled up in the fashion industry and are broken each and every day. By supporting the companies who fight for sustainable, ethical and fair trade practices, you are supporting the rights of human beings around the World.
- Sustainable fashion is so much more fashionable than I had ever imagined; I am relearning what it means to be a Woman again. I am relearning what my style and wants are because I am not constantly bombarded with 52 seasons and advertisements thrown in my face all day. The switch forced me to really sit and think about the woman that I am, the woman I want to become and the way I want to be seen via my fashion choices. It has been thrilling!
- Less is more. Quality over quantity. You get it. My sustainable closet is about 20% of the size of my old fast fashion closet and yet, I have more options than ever. I now open my closet and have endless options because of how I built it; with a capsule wardrobe in mind. I highly recommend it!
Today, I am honored to share with our community a fabulous brand that not only makes the World a better place but also makes you feel so fresh and beautiful in your own skin. I present to you, Nomad’s Clothing UK.
I found this amazing UK based brand while searching for some ethically made pieces for my upcoming trip to Venice, Italy. As a fashion-loving woman, I knew wanted feminine, sophisticated and versatile; casual and yet classy. Nomads fit my needs perfectly!
Most of you know that I made the switch to eco-conscious fashion (and living!) after the birth of my twin sons. I just could not imagine NOT fighting for their future. The World is full of so many options; we can support those fighting the good fight or those destroying our Earth. I hope you choose to support those aiming to protect our Earth and all those who reside on it!
Nomad’s clothing considers the environmental impacts of their clothing production at every step. They are GOTS certified, use all natural dyes, sustainable and environmentally friendly fibers, biodegradable packaging and even biodegradable buttons! They really have thought of everything and I am so honored to have the chance to share them with our community here at WonderMamas.
When we know better, we do better 🙂
Nomad’s clothing uses several fibers to create their garments including…
100% Organic and GOTS Certified Cotton: This is the good stuff! Organic cotton is always the best choice of cotton because it’s the kindest to the environment, the growers and to you. Organic cotton uses far less water than regular cotton and can be turned into compost when properly disposed of (after a long life, of course!). As most of you already know, cotton is breathable and is great in all weather.
Viscose: Viscose is made from sustainable wood pulp, creating a natural fiber that is both breathable and biodegradable. This material has minimal impact on the environment as the trees are grown organically without pesticides.
Lyocell: Lyocell is made from sustainable wood pulp, and as well as it’s green credentials, it has a beautifully soft texture and drape.
Cruelty-free certified mulesing free Merino wool: Merino wool is a natural material originating from Australian Merino sheep. Despite wool’s undisputable sustainable qualities, there are careful ethical considerations to be made when choosing to use wool. This is why Nomad’s only uses cruelty-free certified mulesing free Merino wool.
I am sure you have heard this term a lot in the past few years, but what does it mean?
“Fairtrade is about better prices, decent working conditions, local sustainability, and fair terms of trade for farmers and workers in the developing world. By requiring companies to pay sustainable prices (which must never fall lower than the market price), Fairtrade addresses the injustices of conventional trade, which traditionally discriminates against the poorest, weakest producers. It enables them to improve their position and have more control over their lives.
With Fairtrade you have the power to change the world every day.
With simple shopping choices, you can get farmers a better deal. And that means they can make their own decisions, control their future and lead the dignified life everyone deserves.” Fairtrade.org
Nomad’s clothing has been committed to ethical trade and fair trade practices since they set up shop in 1989. What I love most about this brand is that they do not do just the bare minimum for the ethical label; they strive to do better every single day.
To find out more about their fair trade practices and policy, click here!
Here is the detailed list of what I chose for my Nomad Collection!
I decided on the following pieces to add to my closet and I have to say, I recommend every single one to anyone who is looking for some Spring/Summer staples that make you feel like a goddess. These will last for years and will always be a favorite in your closet :
**Nomad’s Clothing was kind enough to gift me these pieces for my travel to promote sustainable fashion with our community and beyond. Of course, the blog post was all written by me and without any bias. I truly do love these clothes and you will see me wearing these for years and years to come. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and please reach out if you need any help on your sustainable and ethical journey!