Healthy Piña Colada Smoothie in Minutes!
Summer has me craving a few things: Cool water to dip my toes in, big shades to cover my eyes, and a delicious piña colada to sip on in peace. I might not be able to get you the first two, but I can absolutely teach you how to have the third in the healthiest way possible!
All you need to make an epic Healthy Piña Colada Smoothie is a few key ingredients: Pineapple, Banana, A can of coconut milk, Non-dairy milk, Desiccated coconut and a handful of ice. If you have some pineapple juice hanging around, you can also sub that out for the milk. Got it all? Well, let’s get started!
In search of a High Speed Blender to make all your pancake/smoothie/dessert dreams come true? Here are our top 3 picks:
- It took me 3 years to choose this blender haha. I’m not even joking. I was so afraid of the price. So, instead, I purchased two other blenders in those 3 years that, low and behold, BROKE. The plant based lifestyle will wreak havoc on most blenders so you must choose a high quality one with a WARRANTY. The Explorian is one of the most inexpensive vitamix options but it still works great. I use it multiple times a day, every single day, and all of the recipes are from this beauty! Check out deals around Black Friday – you can usually snag one of these for under 200USD. For my European followers: Get ready to pay MORE than North America. I’m not sure why, but vitamix in Europe is double the price (which is actually more than double because we pay in euros/pounds/etc).
- I have never owned a Blendtec, but I did live with someone who had one and it was pretty amazing. Never understood why it didn’t come with a tamper (?) but it does work beautifully. I am pretty biased with my years of experience with the vitamix over the Blendtec, but the price point is fantastic and there are TONS of videos out there comparing the two.
- I had a Ninja blender for years and years before I found the plant based lifestyle (or it found me). Prior to going plant based, I loved to make smoothies on a daily basis (still do today!). However, my smoothies were much *kinder* to the blender than today. While having owned both, I could just (and never would) compare a Ninja to a Vitamix – the difference is staggering. However, if you are just looking to blend up some oats, make light smoothies, or create epic dressings? Then go ahead and choose this one!
What you will need for this Healthy Piña Colada Smoothie:
1 peeled and frozen banana
Can of Coconut Milk
Non-dairy Milk or Pineapple Juice
Fun Options to Add In!
1 juicy orange, peeled and sectioned
1-2 medjool dates, if you want it sweeter
1/3 cup of white rum – if it’s 5 o’clock somewhere and the kids are with grandma haha
Healthy Piña Colada Smoothie
- 1.5 cups Pineapple diced
- 1 Banana Peeled and Frozen
- 1 tbsp Desiccated Coconut More as you wish
- 1/2 cup Canned Coconut Milk Well Shaken
- 1 cup Non-dairy Milk Or Pineapple Juice
- Handful Ice Cubes
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth!
Find more healthy vegan recipes like this Healthy Piña Colada Smoothie when you join The WonderMamas Meal Plan Membership!
Our Whole Food Plant Based Meal Plans have been created for families that are looking to stop stressing in the kitchen and get healthy the easy way! Our recipes are always kid-approved and you will be able to explore hundreds of recipes instantly when you sign up and be able to get prepping right away.