7 Kid-Friendly Meals under 20 Minutes!
This is your ultimate list for go-to meals under 20 minutes that will satisfy your little ones!
*For access to Kid’s Zone: Monthly updated 25 meals under 20 minutes, meal plans for children, resources, and hacks – Join the WonderMamas All-inclusive Membership service!
Quick Tips & Tricks
- Each one of these meals can be prepared in under 20 minutes and will satisfy your need for a healthy breakfast, lunch, or dinner for your beautiful children while also satisfying their need for a delicious and colorful plate!
- ***Kids like SIMPLE! If the recipe seems too simple for you, then it is perfect for your child. Children are turned off by too much going on – so keep it simple, colorful and fun!
- It’s important to note that children have a remarkable palate and can taste the difference between quality fruits and vegetables. If we want our children to enjoy the food, we need to pick fresh and properly ripe produce. If you are confused on how to properly choose the right produce, please head to “The Produce Hack” located in the membership section of WonderMamas.com
- When the recipe calls for common packaged foods such as pasta or bread, please choose the most nutritious options in your budget. For my pasta choice, I enjoy choosing lentil or quinoa pasta, and for my bread choice I enjoy chia or sourdough bread from my local bakery. This may be new to you, so be sure to ask your grocer if they have healthier options for bread or pasta. If budget is of concern, choose whole wheat for both and look out for sales in the paper.
“Grab and Go” Snack List for Children
This list includes fun snacks that can be given to your children without much time. Feel free to use this list during cooking time, snack time, cranky hungry baby time, or any time in between!
Rice Cake with Peanut Butter
Rice Cake with Hummus
English Muffin with Nut Butter and Cinnamon
Steamed veggies or Raw (depending on age) with hummus
Peanut Butter and Jelly wrap or toast
Banana boat; sliced lengthwise with nut butter and favorite toppings
If age appropriate, sliced grapes
Homemade Nice Cream; frozen bananas and additional fruit blended into ice cream
Smoothies; smoothie bags make these quick!
If age appropriate, popcorn
These are my top 7 favorite meals that I make for my sons. They love them and hardly any food is thrown at the wall! I call that a win 🙂
Daily Green Smoothie
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 medium banana, frozen
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 cup kale or spinach
- 1 medjool date, pitted
Blend well and serve!
Strawberry Nice Cream
- 2 frozen bananas
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
Add all ingredients to food processor or blender and blend until smooth! Consume immediately for best taste. Option to freeze and blend again later
Avo Cucumber Wraps
- Whole wheat wraps
- Ripe avocado
- Nutritional Yeast
- Cucumber, peeled and sliced into sticks
- Lay out the wrap. You can heat this up very quickly if you wish but the boys like it as is.
- Mash up avocado in bowl. Lather wrap with avocado and then add cucumber sticks and sprinkle with just a bit of nutritional yeast.
Roll up, slice into 4 rolls and serve!
Strawberry and Almond Butter Wrap
- Whole wheat wraps
- Almond Butter
- Sliced Strawberries
- Lay wrap flat and heat if needed.
- Lather with almond butter
- Top with sliced strawberries
Roll up, slice into 4 rolls and serve
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup almond milk or soy milk
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Berries/Banana to top
- Whisk dry ingredients together in bowl. In a measuring cup, whisk wet ingredients together.
- Add wet to dry and slowly whisk until combined.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and preheat pan to medium-low heat.
- Scoop ¼ cup into pan. Flip when bubbles appear and flip. Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Top with maple syrup
You can freeze or store in refrigerator! Freezer is 1 month and refrigerator is 4 days.
Penne Veggie Pasta
- 8 oz Whole wheat penne pasta
- Low-sodium marinara sauce
- ½ cup edamame
- ½ cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Bring water to boil and cook pasta according to directions.
- Once done, drain well (cool down if you need to) and bring back to pot. Stir in marinara sauce, edamame, and grape tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds.
I also like to add sliced avocado to top!
Vegan Mac n’ Cheese
- 10 ounces dried macaroni
- 1 cup peeled and diced potatoes
- ¼ cup peeled and diced carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch paprika
- Cook macaroni al dente (usually about 7 minutes in boiling salted water), drain, and set aside.
- Bring several cups of water to boil in a small pot and place potatoes, carrots, and onion in water. Cook for 10 minutes until soft (dice small for quicker cooking time).
- Once soft, add veggies to blender with ¾ cup of the boiling water, cashews, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and spices.
- Pour sauce over macaroni noodles and serve immediately.